PTE, an abbreviation of Pearson Test of English, is a language evaluation test format that is accepted by the governments of Australia, New Zealand and the UK. It is the format that is trusted by several universities and colleges of the countries where teaching-learning activities are done in English.
Features of PTE
- Abbreviated form of Pearson Test of English.
- Four sections for test evaluation: Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening
- Total time required for the completion of the test is 2 hrs. 15mins.
- International computer-based language competency testing system.
- Students require to register online for sitting in the test.
- Taken in the authorized PTE centers.
- An attractive alternative to IELTS.
- Has frequent dates for the test.
- The results are published fast.
- Test is taken in a single session.
- Need not speak to the examiner.
- No chance of biasness as the scoring mechanism is computerized.
- Preparation is simplified with the availability of specifically designed practice tests.